Listening to my son’s high school graduation ceremony last night, I was struck by how completely implausible were many speaker claims, such as:
- Never let anyone tell you there is something you can’t do.
- You’ll have setbacks, but never let them discourage you.
- If I can succeed, so can you.
- We’ll always treasure our memories of high school.
- We students are so thankful to have such a friendly principal.
I was embarrassed to be associated with such transparent falsehoods, but apparently I’m in a minority. What obvious lies have you heard at commencement, and why do you think such lies were told?
a WordPress rating system